MailStore Email Archiving
MailStore offers the most comprehensive market solutions in terms of performance, stability, functionality and simplicity to meet the specific email archiving needs of SMBs.
MailStore is certified according to the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation. The software supports almost all email systems and archiving methods. It is also easy to install, reliable, and requires little maintenance.
Email Archiving Software for Providers
Service providers are able to broaden their portfolio and offer customers all the advantages of modern email archiving as a service.
With thousands of customers in over 100 different countries, MailStore Server is one of the world’s leading email archiving solutions. The solution is used by both small and medium-sized businesses across all sectors of industry, as well as by numerous government agencies, administrative bodies, and other public institutions.
The MailStore Server provides benefits for business owners, IT administrators, and end-users. Businesses are faced with the challenge of meeting a growing number of compliance requirements. This poses a severe impact on email management. The foundation to fulfil these requirements, email archiving must be an integral part of any business email governance strategy. In addition, MailStore Server can help customers meet their obligations under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation, among others by defining sophisticated retention policies. Email archiving can assist with certain eDiscovery scenarios by enabling a company to search its entire email collection in a single step.
As far as the IT department is concerned, deploying MailStore Server means one thing above all a reduction in the workload. Valuable time and resources within the IT Department can be freed up and allocated to new projects, but It administrators in particular stand to benefit from many other advantages.
MailStore Server is quick and easy to install, as well as requiring little maintenance. MailStore Server allows you to cut server storage requirements. Once archived, emails can be deleted from the email server according to predefined rules while still being available to users via the archive. The amount of storage required can be reduced by de-duplicating identical mind parts, meaning that the data in the archive occupies up to 70% less space on the email server than before.
Since the volume of data on the email server is reduced, backup and restore times are significantly shortened. By creating individual retention policies, administrators can maintain complete control over how long different types of emails are archived. They can define whether emails are automatically deleted from the archive and when the deletion should occur, thereby complying with the different retention policies that are possibly mandated by regulatory requirements.
MailStore Server has several benefits for the end-user. Also, a fast full-text search function that allows even large amounts of data to be searched in fractions of a second means that users can quickly locate content hidden away in emails and any type of file attachment. Also highly popular among users is the option of restoring emails from the archive with just a single click of the mouse. With MailStore Server, users themselves can restore emails that have been deleted by mistake or otherwise become lost without having to call on the services of an IT administrator.
And thanks to the convenient and intuitive MailStore Outlook add-in, MailStore Server can be integrated seamlessly into the user’s customary working environment. The add-in provides all the key functions, such as a convenient search facility, accessing of emails via the user’s customary folder structure, and a one-click restore function.
Users also profit from the elimination of mailbox quotas. The fact that emails can be deleted automatically from the email server once they have been archived means that the volume of data on the email server can be kept at a constantly low level, thus eliminating the need for mailbox quotas.
- Assistance with regulatory compliance
- Help with fulfilling GDPR obligation
- Fast full-text searching for emails and attachments
- Protection against data loss
- Reduce the workload of mail servers
- Save up to 70% of storage space
- Simplify backup and restore
- Trusted by 80,000 organizations in 100 countries
- Supports almost all email systems and archiving methods
- Integrated and scalable storage technology
- Minimal system requirements and easy to set up
- One-off payment
- Independence of cumbersome PST files
MailStore Features In Detail
Assistance with Regulatory Compliance
- MailStore Server helps companies to meet a growing number of compliance requirements and can also assist with eDiscovery scenarios
- In addition, MailStore Server can help to meet the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) by defining sophisticated retention policies
Lowering IT Costs and Expenditures
- Overloaded servers, increasing storage costs, and complex backup and restore processes place an enormous strain on IT departments and their budgets
- MailStore Server reduces these costs
- It also helps reduce financial risks stemming from data loss or legal conflicts
Independence and Security
- At many companies, emails are not stored locally under the company’s control but on external servers
- This means that you must rely solely on the provider’s backup routine, and that the provider will be around in the future and fulfilling his obligations properly
- By archiving all externally-managed data, you can build on this trust through a simple and effective backup strategy
Complete Archiving Through Journaling
- You can make sure that all your business emails are archived provided you set up the configuration for journal archiving (i.e. archiving all email as soon as it is received or sent)
- MailStore Server also allows your existing email to be archived in a central location
Independence of Cumbersome PST Files
- PST files are prone to data loss or corruption, have a huge impact on storage and backup and can be a nightmare to search, e.g. in discovery scenarios
- With MailStore Server you can archive and backup all PST files of the company centrally
Prevent Users from Deleting Emails
- Users can delete important emails by accident or at will, without this being noticed
- Users often delete all their mailboxes upon leaving a company
- This means your company could lose important data every day
- MailStore Server can help to eliminate such risks
Reduce the Workload of Mail Servers
- Emails can be deleted from the mail server’s mailboxes according to a rule-based process once they have been archived
- This allows the workload of the server to be maintained at a consistently low level
Save up to 70% Storage Space
- MailStore Server uses de-duplication and compression to reduce the total storage requirements
- This means that identical MIME-parts (e.g. file attachments) are only stored once
- File attachments are also compressed
Integrated Storage Technology
- The core of the MailStore Server consists of a sophisticated storage technology that does not require any external database software
- MailStore Server can easily be used straight out of the box
Reduce Backup and Restore Times
- By reducing the mail server’s data load, it can be backed up much more easily, i.e., more quickly, and also restored more quickly in the event of a failure
One-Click Restore for All Users
- Users can restore emails from the archive with a single mouse-click
- The administrator no longer has to go through the time-consuming process of recovering them from the backup
Access to Emails when Servers Fail
- When a mail server is out of service or data is lost, every user at the company can access all emails via the email archive
- This makes it easier to continue operating your business without any disruptions at all
Fast Search Access
- MailStore Server offers fast full-text searching for emails and all types of file attachments
- Access is also possible via the original folder structure
High User Acceptance
- A convenient add-in for Microsoft Outlook allows users to access their archive and integrates seamlessly into their usual working environment
Elimination of Mailbox Quotas
- Email archiving eliminates the need to use mailbox quotas as a way to limit the use of a mail server’s storage capacity